- Posted on Mar 1, 2019
Healthy Inflammation Response
Inflammation is necessary to trigger healing. But long-term inflammation can be the cause of many chronic diseases, including high blood pressure, heart disease and joint pain.
Ways to Support a Healthy Inflammation Response
- Avoid sugars, soft drinks and artificial sweeteners. Sugar, in all its forms, and artificial sweeteners can cause inflammation.
- Increase your fiber intake by eating more veggies and whole grains. Fiber can help the body eliminate toxins and waste products that can lead to inflammation.
- Drink plenty of water. Water helps wash away toxins and waste products via the urine.
- Get Moving! Don’t sit for long periods. Take stretching breaks or go for a quick walk. This movement help keep the fascia around the muscles lubricated and reduces inflammation throughout the body.
- Dietary supplements:
- Antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Citrus Bioflavonoids. Normal body processes as well as toxins produce free radicals. Antioxidants help the body get rid of the free radicals, reducing the inflammation response. Follow the directions on the supplement label.
- Anti-inflammatories such as Turmeric. Turmeric helps support healthy inflammatory responses and ease pain. Follow the directions on the supplement label.
Joy of Health is proud to announce their new 10-Day Healthy Inflammation Response Program. To learn more, see the attached flyer or call Joy of Health at 503-554-5865.